It is a well-known fact that men are less likely than women to visit the doctor or get a health check-up done. Moreover, men who take preventative health check-ups generally have a healthier lifestyle.
So that a health scare is not your only determining factor to visit the doctor, we’re sharing a set of relevant tests that men should get done.
Important medical check-ups for men
While most illnesses or disorders get triggered sooner or later in life, there’s always a reason behind health decline. Therefore, it is essential to learn about these significant health examinations critical to men’s health.
Here are the most important medical check-ups men need to take seriously:
- Blood sugar – Getting blood sugar tests done every year helps decrease the likelihood of chronic diseases related to high blood sugars. Leaving it unchecked may lead to unknown complications such as kidney damage, erectile dysfunction, etc. You could get a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel test that includes checking your blood sugars.
- Skin check – Men who have had significant sunburns or a family history of skin cancer run a high risk of skin cancer. Therefore, checking moles and birthmarks along with consistent use of sunscreen can help with preventive care. It is advisable to get a skin check done every year.
- PSA test – Men between 50 to 69 years of age should undergo periodic prostate-specific antigen (PSA)-based screening for prostate cancer. You could either get an individual PSA test or a male wellness panel containing the PSA test and other crucial tests.
- Colonoscopy – Men and women above 50 are advised to get a colonoscopy test done every three years. The risk of colon cancer increases above this age, including other risk factors, such as inflammatory bowel disease.
- Cholesterol and blood pressure check – The number one cause of stroke in men results from high blood pressure. If left unchecked, high cholesterol can lead to a heart attack or stroke. Therefore, getting your cholesterol checked every three to four years and your blood pressure checked annually is advisable. You can also get a male wellness panel test done, which includes a standard lipid panel test apart from other tests.
- Echocardiogram, Liver Enzyme, TSH, and Lung Screening – We’ve categorized these specific tests in one point because they should be taken every chance you get.
- An Echocardiogram or Stress Test can determine heart damage, if at all.
- Liver Enzyme Testing can identify any damage to the liver due to excessive alcohol intake, over-the-counter medications, inflammatory disorders, obesity, etc.
- The TSH test can help determine if you have an underactive or overactive thyroid, leading to weight issues, exhaustion, fatigue, and so on.
- And lastly, early check-ups of Lung Screening can help determine the likelihood of lung cancer in those genetically predisposed, smoker, and second-hand smokers. However, annual xrays are not recommended due to high radiation levels.
Therefore, if you want to get a male wellness panel test done, order on our website.